Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Whoo my DINING room table!!!!

So, about 3 weeks ago my mom sent me a photo of a table and bench she had found that would go in my dining room and matched what I had been looking for. She had them order it and we, well I have probably been more excited, but Jordan has been a good sport to share in the excitement, anyhow I have been waiting in anticipation since them! 

My parents called this past Sat. and dad asked Jordan to come down for the day and play golf so we agreed as we had no plans and haven't seen them in awhile and my brother just got back from kaleo all summer. My parents called the table company and the table was in, PERFECT!!!! Two birds with one stone! 

We load it up, take my dad's car back to Fayetteville and have our dear friend, Joe, come over and unload it for us. We both were so excited that we thought, really how hard can it be to put legs on a table. -the table company said all we had to do is put on the legs, easy-

We start with the bench. I unpack the box and all the legs and screws and Jordan tightens the screws. Bench looks great, we took a seat and it was sturdy and just perfect, so happy!!!

I begin to unpack the crazy packing job of the table. I'm cutting, unwrapping, removing pieces that are screwed in that read "discard", while Jordan is continuing to tighten screws in the legs. The table at this point is top down with legs in the air. So we grab it and realize "it's heavy" and turn the table to it's side, and then with one more umph of muscle we slowly turn the table to stand on it's 4 legs and hear the sound of cracking wood.....


right down the middle of our table!!!!!!!! It still fills me with shock and devastation! I just covered my mouth, no tears, complete shock! We couldn't believe it. We were so happy, so excited and just thrilled and then....Jordan quickly prayed for somehow the table to be returned and a new to come. 
I spend the rest of the night so stressed and all next morning knowing I would somehow have to come up with the money again to buy another table, oh such an awful feeling. I called my mom first thing and told her. She said she would call the table company people. And then right around 12:30 while eating lunch, I get a text message from my mom saying how they said to package up the table and a new one will be ordered with          NO CHARGE! Praise the Lord! 

Here is an example of a piece I removed.

Here is another piece that should NOT have been removed. The center support for the leaf and the whole table.

the piece that broke off

and here our devastation sits before us everyday in our garage.

So here sits the lovely bench waiting on it's partner the table!
I know it's a table, but words can't describe how even this small act of God's provision helps us so much. We truly can't wait to have people over to feed their bellies at this table! 

1 comment:

Ryan and Sarah said...

Oh My Gosh! I can't believe you didn't cry! I wouldn't have lost it!! I'm glad your getting a new one!