Monday, October 5, 2009

Dallas to celebrate the Big 25!!!!

My birthday celebration began last Thursday Oct. 1st with a lovely dinner with my family in Conway at Mike's place. They got me some yummy Maggie's Cookies and a Coach Purse for the fall season, it's great! My Wright family gave me money for my Dallas trip with my girlfriends, love love love them! I'm so grateful for two great families that care to celebrate my birthday. 

This year my best friends and I will be turning 25 and when we turned 21 we went to New York for New Year's and so for 25 and us all paying our ways, we went to Dallas and stayed for free with Marietta's grandparents, funny how things change when we all are spending our few pennies! 

So Friday Meg, Marietta and I drove to Dallas to eat lunch with Drewa and Poppa before picking up Ali from the airport. When we all got together you would never know we live in 4 different cities, I love these girls! We went to dinner at Nobu, had trouble exiting the parking lot-because it closed-what parking lot closes??? So Ali and I got out and moved a cord to get us out of there! Sat. we woke up to go workout around Dallas White Rock Lake and it was GORGEOUS!!!! I was so HAPPY, just simply, pleasantly happy walking and talking with my best friends, a feeling and activity I wish I could do more often with them. We celebrated Birthdays with Poppa's bday cake he made for us. Drewa made us each our own Recipe box, so sweet! We went shopping later that afternoon then went to dinner before going to see Mary Poppins, I love this movie and the Broadway show came to Dallas and I loved it! Sunday we all woke up and headed on our separate paths :( 

I'm so thankful for Drewa and Poppa as I don't have any grandparents anymore and it was great to be spoiled! Also, I couldn't ask for a more amazing group of women to add love and laughter to my life! They truly have been a blessing through over half my life now and will continue I'm sure of it! You girls are SO special to me and I think you each are so beautiful :) 

And if you are thinking I'm that wife to just leave my husband to have fun, nope...he went to Tunica with his buddies all weekend. He played golf and won $1000, really he did! So he enjoyed himself so much and neither one of these trips could have happened without my parents lovingly wanting to watch Mello for us. They had the best time hanging out with him and we are both so thankful for their willingness to help us out! Thanks so much Mom and Dad, love you! 

My birthday dinner with my family! 
Friday all pretty! 
Meg and Ali
Sat. night all dressed up for the show
Me and Ali
Right before heading home
And this is why we love her...I believe I have hundred of photos like this!!!
Illegal photo at Mary Poppins, my heart was so happy! 
At Mary Poppins, thanks girls for going with me! Love you so much!!!!

2 comments:

Cary said...

So fun! I'm so glad you guys do stuff like this...keep it up. Y'all are so pretty!

marietta said...

Did you really put that picture of me on your blog. Oh well. At least you deleted the other one. And happy birthday!