Sunday, August 14, 2011

Labor, Delivery, and going Home


Well this post is a month late, it has taken me a bit to get to sit and work on this. I'm now more in the swing of things and just love spending time with Cooper. Here our story of Cooper Coming!

I went into the hospital on July 13th at 5:00 to receive medicine to thin the cervix.  We ate Gusano's pizza and salad and I was craving a blue gatorade-my body must have known the workout to come :) The Rays and Hartnesses came up to visit which was wonderful! Both of our parents came into town and began to wait with us. That evening at 11:30 my water broke, we were thrilled and thought we were way ahead of schedule since Dr. Seale was suppose to do this Thursday morning. At that point I labored till 5:30 when I was informed I was only to a 2 and still about to receive Pitocin and so I opted for an epidural.

The morning from there was great. We watched the British Open and visited with friends. I began to get sick to my stomach that afternoon. Every time I did I would progress another cm, odd? This process was really slow and I was tired being up constantly since Wed. morning. At this point though I just knew we were almost done! Around 5:30 the nurse told me I was to a 10 and said we would start pushing in an hour, we were thrilled!!! We had friends waiting in the waiting room along with family and we all were so excited!!!! TILL the nurse came back in an hour later and said I was only to an 8, WHAT?!?!?! She said she must have checked during a contraction. Oh we were bummed. So we waited..everyone ordered Dixie Cafe-except me :) Our dear friends waited as long as they could and Cooper still never came.

After uping my medicine every 15 mins and feeling the urge to push around midnight a nurse named April came in and said "let's get to work and have this baby". And work it was!!! Being only dilated to an 8 and pushing for 55 mins, Cooper finally arrived at 1:09 am. I looked at my mom when she came in and said, "that's hard work". :) A really neat experience but not easy. Our family and friends came in to meet Cooper and the nurses took him around 3:00, I fed him at 4:00, they made us move rooms at 5:00, and they brought me breakfast at 6:00, can you say TIRED!!!! The next day was filled with wonderful visits from family and friends and we came home Sat. morning, yeah!!!!



Beginning the wait for Cooper
power naps were my life saver
 Our sweet friends waiting

Here he is!!! I was exhausted and yet so awake and excited!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOPER!!!!!
Stephanie and Meg were such troopers to stick around to meet Cooper!!!

Cooper spending time with his Pops and Gramma
 Meeting Uncle Luke



Leaving the hospital
 
1st Bath


Meeting Aunt KK

Marietta and Ali came to visit, such a treat!!!
This past month has been filled with so many amazing memories and lessons in life. We are so glad to have him in our life and thankful God has allowed us to have our son. 

*My goal was to get this post up before his 1 month birthday, I just made it, haha! Hopefully I can get his 1 month up quicker!

1 comment:

Emily Richardson said...

I can't see even of the type for some reason, but love your pictures! I REALLY enjoyed seeing you guys this morning and meeting little Cooper!