Monday, September 7, 2009

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

So it is here...the amazing, overwhelming, exciting season of FOOTBALL!!!! My joy is nothing compared to that of my husband who I swear is singing the fight song in his dreams every night! 

This past weekend we went down to the Little Rock game to tailgate and watch the hogs win, and they won!I got spoiled Sat. morning with a pedicure with my wonderful mother-in-law, it was fabulous and I was so thankful!!! Then I got to go see one of my best friend's new home! It is their 1st home to buy and it was absolutely beautiful! It's huge and the inside is so lovely, it's like a big real home, I'm so proud of them and this fun season of buying their 1st home! 

 And well....the tailgate? It was more like a nomadic retreat to say the least. Jordan and his buddies thought they could just get on the golf course at like 3:00 with no problem, well there was a BIG problem, no one else could get on the course then. So, our dear friends Marietta and Spencer helped pay for parking at this little old ladies home and carry our stuff ALL over the place. Yep, we carried the grill, cooler, and a sack full of food, we felt like nomads wondering where to set up shop??? 

We finally landed with Marietta's husband's family and ended up having a blast! BUT, then Jordan and I had to carry everything ALL the way back around the stadium to his dad's car before the game...it took me a sec to get into the football spirit at the game because I was so wornout! But the hogs looked good and they Won, yeah!!! I was very glad to see lots of friends and my husband made excellent burgers for everyone, it ended up being great! 

So as we were pulling out, Jordan realized he forgot the cooler, at the point I should have realized I was in for it! 
Jordan and Me at our 1st stop the wrights tailgate, on we went...
My friend Marietta, isn't she beautiful! 
out final landing place for out tailgate, thank goodness! 
Jordan's best friend Justin happened to be near us, that was fun! 
John Miller and Jordan, we love this guy and truly believe he is our real life miracle! 
Not so happy at this point, worn out from walking round and round the field
Scot and Val got tickets to the game, yeah! 
1st field photo of 2009, it was toasty this night
GO HOGS GO!!!!!

2 comments:

The Swanns said...

So sad we had to miss out! It looks like you guys had a blast and an adventure!

marietta said...

I wouldn't exactly call it an adventure... more like a journey - anyway - had fun with ya'll! :) Even in the car on the way there...